Pineapple Ginger Basting Sauce
- Combine 1 cup of brown sugar, a handful of cloves, ginger and pineapple juice into a saucepan.
- Allow to simmer and reduce over medium heat for roughly 20- 30 minutes until thick and syrupy.
- Brush the ham with the sauce.
Sprinkle and pack on brown sugar on the ham’s entire surface and return it to the oven at 375 degrees until the sugar has caramelised, roughly 30-45 minutes.
- Remove the ham and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your choices of condiments – Honey Mustard, Sorrel Chutney or Pineapple Ginger Chutney.